Are you looking for beautiful and easy piano songs for beginners?
You don’t need to play boring or ugly tunes when you start the piano.
Or pieces for kids.
I mean, as an adult, even if you are a parent, you may want to play the music you love, right?
Good news, there are beautiful and easy piano songs for beginners that you can enjoy playing in a few days.
I believe that music is not an inaccessible dream for people having practiced for 10 years or more.
Music is for all.
That said, there are difficult songs that will take a few (or many) years of piano practice to start to learn them.
And even the simplest ones need work to play them with ease and emotion.
Also, don’t be misled by the fact that I classified them as piano songs for beginners.
They need some dedication and focus to master.
Play each note with intent, a focused-mind… and love!
It will make the difference between you and a piano technician.
Some won’t agree, but even if you are a beginner, you can bring more emotion than a very experienced player.
If you play a simple song with your heart and full intent.
Don’t get me wrong: super technical pieces can bring emotions as well if they are played well, with the heart (after years and years of daily long hard work!).
See for example this amazing and beautiful rendition of La Campanella by Liszt from Paganini Etude No 3:
Here is a selection amongst hundreds of songs that you may be able to learn.
This is a selection based on piano songs that I find beautiful or fun. Or so famous that they have to be there because it is likely that you love them!
I sorted them roughly by style. Don’t call me on this: first, I am bad at defining music styles. Second, I don’t really care, which explains the first I suppose!
Here are the categories (you can jump directly to the one you want by click on it):
Before you start, two things to have in mind:
- These songs may be altered versions to make them easier to play. I paid attention to find beautiful versions though. Because you can also find crap versions of them, trust me!
- You can usually find a slower version of them on the same YouTube channel (also a criterion for my choice). I put here a link to the ’normal’ speed, but to learn you will need to start slowly.
Small tip: on YouTube you can change the speed of the videos, which can be quite useful to start learning a new song.
Because it is so cool to play these beautiful and famous songs!
1. Clocks – ColdplayClocks – Coldplay by Leon Montealegre
2. Faded – Alan WalkerAlan Walker – Faded by Bruno Morsch
3. Let it be – The Beatles
4. Yesterday – The Beatles
5. Perfect – Ed SheeranPerfect Ed Sheeran Easy Piano by Nicki_Allan
6. Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen
7. Leave a light on – Tom WalkerLeave a Light On – Tom Walker by GuestinPiano
8. We are the champions – Queen
9. Get lucky – Daft punkGet Lucky – Daft Punk by GuestinPiano
10. Stand by me – Ben E. KingStand by me by Damir 442
11. What a wonderful world – Louis ArmstrongWhat a Wonderful World by Manfred Rodenbeck
12. Someone like you – AdeleAdele – Someone Like You (Piano Accompaniment) by Faskem
13. Hey Jude – The Beatles
14. Bohemian Rhapsody – QueenBohemian Rhapsody Updated by Eidric Da Cool
15. Apologize – One RepublicApologize – One Republic by annika0801
16. In The End – Linkin ParkIn the End – Linkin Park – Piano by niclas35
17. Africa -TotoToto – Africa by Gabby Miller
18. Lose yourself – Eminem
19. Mad World – Gary JulesMad World – Gary Jules by Ezrabock
20. Seven Nation Army – The White StripesSeven Nation Army by Etienne Birling
21. Take On Me – A-haTake on Me – a-ha by yayforeffie
22. Wind of change – ScorpionsWind of Change – Scorpions by anthenius
23. Rolling in the deep – AdeleRolling in the Deep – Adele by Adele_1
24. Can You Feel the Love Tonight – Elton John
25. Imagine – John LennonJohn Lennon – Imagine by Rodila
26. Whenever, Wherever – ShakiraWhenever Wherever/Suerte (A Cappella) by Snfreweh
27. No One – Alicia KeysAlicia Keys No One by Rudy Mukendi
28. Hello – AdeleAdele – Hello by ZakuraMusic
29. Imagine Dragons – BelieverBeliever – Imagine Dragons by Joshua Hall
30. Can’t Stop The Feeling – Justin TimberlakeCan’t Stop the feeling by Gustav Klingbiel
31. Ho Hey – Lumineers
32. Take me to the church – HozierTake me to church Hozier by Anne Morilhat
33. Marry Me – Bruno Mars
34. La vie en rose – Edith PiafLa vie en rose – Piano (Intermediate) by HéctorPye
Because these piano pieces are so well written that they travel through time!
35. A Little Night Music, 1st Movement- Mozart
36. Prelude in C Major – Bach
37. Für Elise – Beethoven
38. Ode to joy – Beethoven
39. Ave Maria – Schubert
40. Swan Lake – Tchaikovsky
41. Hungarian Dance No 5 – Brahms
42. Air on the G String – Bach
43. Canon in D – Pachelbel
44. Moonlight sonata – Beethoven
45. Lullaby – Brahms
46. Liebestraum No. 3 – Liszt
Because who doesn’t like a good film or TV series?
47. Mission Impossible
48. Forrest Gump
50. Let it go
51. The pink panther
53. Star Wars – The Force
54. Star Wars – Imperial March
55. Harry Potter
56. James Bond (Skyfall- Adele)
Because these are intemporal tunes that will last for decades or centuries!
57. Happy birthday
58. Frere Jacques
59. Loch Lomond
60. Oh my darling Clementine
61. Red River Valley
62. Auld Lang Syne
63. Jingle Bells
We have seen here a good list of 63 easy piano songs for beginners.
I hope you enjoyed it and you have found a few you want to learn.
As a bonus, you have now a list of the best YouTube channels to learn easy piano songs (and more!)
I may update it if I find other nice songs to add or if you have suggestions, so come back from time to time.
Now, pick one and start to play it.
Start slowly, one hand first, then the other, then both together.
In no time, you will play your first (or 10th!) piano song. And share it with family, friends, the World!
And if you want more movie piano songs, check out here!
What is your favorite song from this list? Do you have other songs you are looking for a piano version?
More importantly, is there something you struggle with on the piano? Let me know in the comments below and let’s start the discussion!