The Piano Starter Guide
So you want to learn how to play the piano but don’t know where to start, what to do and how to do it.
Maybe you don’t even know why you want to do it.
This guide is there to…guide you (?) on the right track to go from zero (nothing personal) to be able to play the songs you love.
If you are back here, jump directly to the page of your choice:
- Why play the piano
- Benefits of playing the piano
- Too old to learn the piano
- Do you need talent to play the piano
- Do you need large hands to play the piano
- Does it take years to play the piano
- Do you need a piano teacher
- Do you need to read music sheets
- Do you need to learn music theory
- What do you need to get started on the piano
- The 3 things to learn the piano
- Have a good posture on the piano
- 88 piano keys and notes: get to know your keyboard!
- Play your first notes on the piano
- Play your first chord on the piano
- Learn rhythm
- Rhythm and notes
- Rhythm and chords
- Play your first song on the piano
- What’s next: how to learn more
Why did I create this guide?
Because I believe that everybody can play the piano and make music.
But I have seen many people a bit lost when it comes to getting started. Or with a mindset issue that will make them give up too soon.
I don’t want that to happen to you.
This guide will show why learning the piano is for you and why you can succeed no matter your current knowledge, age or whatever.
It will show you what you need to do.
Who am I to tell what to do?
I am a piano and guitar player, music maker, music lover.
Trained as a classical piano player as a child, I had to suffer boring traditional lessons, spending the first half of them learning how to read notes and the other half to learn pieces that I didn’t chose. Not fun. I give up after a few years because I felt that there was another way.
I believe that the way I learned wasn’t the best and that many people have suffered from bad learning experiences.
I also believe that absolutely everybody has the capacity to become a good piano player.
Nowadays there are many other options to learn the piano.
You should learn what you need and the way you need to achieve your goal as soon as possible.
You don’t have time to lose.
I am dedicated to make it easy and fast for you to find your way.
The work will be yours, but I believe I can help you.
Besides, I believe that being a musician is a wonderful way to make your life happier. And that’s my most important goal.
Thus, I’ll put in the work to make this happen. If you do yours, we will have a winning team.
But don’t take my word, read this guide and you will see by yourself if you decide that I can be your guide or not.
Let’s get started!